Masters degree in Business Administration
I hold a Masters degree in business administration which was awarded by the Open University, one of an elite group of universities to have own triple accreditation with:
- the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
Throughout my MBA I studied:
- Corporate Strategy. Understanding how to compete on a global stage with large-scale competition.
- Competitive strategy. Understanding how to compete with other competitors within your own industry.
- Creativity and Innovation. Understanding how you can use your brain and mind to be more creative and innovative in your business.
- Marketing. Understanding how to attract and retain the right type of customer for your business.
Real life use
coupled with the academic background of my MBA I also ran a highly successful dental laboratory in the prestigious Harley Street area of London. I then set up a marketing agency which saw 100% turnover increase every year for the 1st 4 years of trading. With 66% of businesses failing within their 1st 10 years I attribute my continued success to the use of NLP and my MBA.
These skills are now open for you to tap into…
Common Problems Businesses Experience
Typical areas that small businesses fall down on are:
- Understanding their accounts and the importance of Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow accounts in running small business day to day
- Not focusing on a target market. Too many businesses want to appeal to everyone – the trick is to decide who you do not want as customers and ensure you eliminate them from your business – this results in business being fun, enjoyable, effective and profitable.
- Understanding what their business is really about. For example, a butcher does not sell meat! A butcher sells satisfaction, enjoyment with friends, fulfilment etc. Understand the true nature of your business and abundance will follow.
- A lack of co-ordinated and effective marketing with techniques that work. How often have I heard “Yes, I tried that once and it didn’t work”? Bad marketing never works, good marketing does!
- The owner self sabotaging with negative beliefs, self doubt, lack of confidence, being angry, intolerance… need I go on!
What will happen when you start to change?
When you get your personal and business goals and thinking aligned you will:
- Be happier in life
- Be happier at work so that you REALLY enjoy going
- Make more money, if you want to
- Have more holiday, if you want to
- Enjoy happier relationships, if you want to
- Make even more money, yep it really flows when you want it to!